Code of Practice
- We will provide a warm secure environment, which will enable each child to develop personally, socially and emotionally.
- Children will be valued and respected as individuals and encouraged to do the same for others.
- Staff will be aware of and safeguard the "Rights of the Children".
- Children will have access to a broad and balanced curriculum, which will promote their overall development.
- Children's behaviour will be monitored and positively managed.
- Standards of hygiene will be maintained at all times and children given positive direction. Safety is a priority and standards will be maintained in all areas.
- All accidents will be reported to the Nursery Manager, logged and assessed and reported to parents as soon as possible.
- Carers will be aware of and sensitive to differences of culture.
- Staff will not discriminate against any child or parent on grounds of race, culture, religion, gender, disability, lifestyle or sexuality.
- Staff will work with parents for the good of the children.
- Staff will be aware of the need for confidentiality in professional practice. Confidential information received should not be disclosed unless required by law or to protect the interest or welfare of the child.
- On request, parents will have access to Nursery Policies which are kept in the black file in the office and also in the green file near the notice board in the dining room.